Monday, March 1, 2010

5200 strip naked infront of Sydney Opera House

So apparently about 5,200 naked people have embraced each other on the steps of the iconic Sydney Opera House for a photo shoot by photographer Spencer Tunick. Participants in Monday's event by Tunick, who is known for his nude group photos in public spaces, posed for more than an hour in a variety of positions. "It was difficult to get the straight people to embrace the gay participants and vice versa," Tunick said. "So I was very happy that that last set up finally got done and everyone came together, united, friendly kiss, a loving kiss in front of this great structure." Nineteen-year-old student Art Rush said he was thrilled to participate. "I'll never get a chance to do this again, it's not worth being inhibited," Rush said. "It doesn't feel sexual, it just feels tribal, a gathering of humanity." Okayyyy then young naturist. Am I the only one who thinks people enjoy being naked but always need an excuse so everyone else doesnt look at them like they are weird - I dont think I'd ever feel the need to patrticipate in a project of this nature, but thats not saying i dont admire it, and find it quite remarkable, but it's not for me - I'm suprisingly old fashioned when it comes to things partaining to full frontal nudity.

No comments:

Post a Comment