Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm All Virgin'ed Out!!!!!

So it occurred to me that without even realising I was completely immersed in the Virgin brand. Virgin Group Ltd is a brandedventure capital organization founded by British business tycoon Sir Richard Branson. The core business areas are travel, entertainment and lifestyle, among others. The net worth of Virgin Group Ltd as of September 2008 is £5,010,000,000, which is a handsome R67,087,101,109.85. Today the Virgin brand, still owned by Richard Branson has over 50 ventures under it, transcending more than 10 product divisions, e.g. Beverages, Airlines, Trains, Games, Financial services, Films, Health & Fitness, Internet, Cable TV, Music,Radio, Books, Cosmetics, Jewellery, Houseware, Retail, Mobile phones. Here in South Africa I'm only aware of Virgin Active (Health & Fitness), Virgin Money (Financial Services), Virgin Mobile (Mobile Phones) & Virgin Atlantic (Airline), seriously it's like Virgin is taking over the world, without anyone even noticing, I know they are always in the headlines about their new ventures but I've never paid much mind, knowing full well it'd never affect me in any monumental way, the only part of Virgin I endorsed was their gym, I'm a proud member of Virgin Active Gyms, no matter how often I don't go, I'm still a member and that was ok - well, until yesterday when i was booking my flight for my holiday next month, general Euro trip but flying into London for a couple of days to party with some friends, and clearly with raucous times in mind, I was trying to find the most affordable flight so i can get there having spent the least amount possible, and turns out Virgin Atlantic offers the cheapest flights at the moment, so i obviously booked it, although my particular flight is operatedby South Africa Airways, (Cape Town-London), I've still made a booking with Virgin Atlantic and clearly hoping to fly with them again in future, cuz somehow I think i might have signed up for their voyager miles loyalty card (in my defence, they sold it well), now thats two, now guess what i used to pay for this lovely flight,.....a Virgin Money credic card! Yes i acquired one of those a while ago, I never use it, unless when i need to book flights, so it hadnt occured to me I was already more than just flirting with the brand, so now all that's left is for me to trade in my Vodacom contract for a Virgin Mobile one, then I'll be all Virgin'ed out!

1 comment: