Monday, July 27, 2009

My 24hrs Before London, England, UK, LOL

Ok, i just have a weird feeling this post might be of a extremely random nature, and will try and keep it short. Now, 1, I have to say the night before i was due to leave on the trip I've been going on about for quite some time now, I got sick, like seriouslyyy ill, fever of some sort, having never fully subscribed to modern medication (lol, or any medication for that matter) i didnt have anything else at home besides the Corenza C my friend in London had asked me to bring, so i popped some, now let me tell you this, I could be their spokesperson tomorrow, that stuff works, who knew, not me. Well now the day before arent I trying to pack my suitcase when i realised i have forgotten the combination lock on my suitcase cuz i hadnt used it for ages, this is what happens when you dont go on holiday for over 8 months, for reason please see recession. After asking a few friends who proved useless for assistance, i took to the net, it turns out there we multitudes of solutions, all time consuming and laborious, two things that i choose to stay clear off unless absolutely necessary.So I helped out with the recession and spent some money (feeding the financial market) on a locksmith to figure out my combo and reset it, but this made me late to leave work, waiting for the lovelz suitcase, when i got home it was 14h15 i need to drop mz bag off at the airport at 17h30, so it was clear at this point that i was running late, then we left the house i believe around 17h10, on a Friday, helloooo traaaaffic, instead of freaking out, i decided, if i miss it i miss it, there wasnt much i could do, it was bumper to bumper traffic and the road constructions closer to the airport werent gonna do me any favours so i just relaxed - me and mz friend who was taking me there, just spoke, got there miraculously at 17h49, the had just switched off the check-in lights, but they still allowed me in - wheewh. Then i get on the plane to realise we are on an relativelz older plane, no private monitors, i know some of you are gonna be like, 'yeah i dont even use the monitor' well I do, and even if i didnt, this is a 12 hour flight, i-would-like-to-have-the-option. So now i was very unhappy, my initially irritation with my booking started whenb i booked Virgin Atlantic and they didnt tell me until 2 days before that they dont fly from CT direct to London, only from JHB, so I will be operated by SAA, which i was ok with, now its a shit SAA flight, this was not doing well for me, so I've decided to never book Virgin Atlantic again, or any other airline that doesnt offer private monitors for a plus 8 hour flight. After getting over it and arriving in London, the worst was about to take place, at Border Control, guess who didnt print any of their itinerary and being it along with them as they have done for all their previous trips?...Yes. So the man, starts opening up his instructions booklet to show me that at this point he's meant to refuse mz visa, even thought alreadz granted, but the good thing is the state would pay for my 'return flight', which i corrected him by saying; 'Oh you mean my (air quotes) 'deportation flight'', somehow the man did not appreciate my snarkism and told me this was a serious matter, then i turned serious and said: would it make a difference if i told you why i didnt have the docs with me? he nodded, then i said, enerstly, with a slight tilt, 'i forgot', THIS he found funny, and began to ask me a million piercing questions about me and my 'intentions' then told me in future or if i had gotten a mean control guy i would have gone home - which would have sucked cuz I have all this info, its just not printed, which i should remember to do before Tues when we move to our next leg of the holiday, anyway so i thanked him profusely and bee lined for where i was meant to meet my friend so we could have champagne to start our holiday, at 8am sharp.

5 comments:

  1. lol, now what about the actual holiday?

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. my love that was just too much for me - life on the edge indeed! sorry you had such a harrowing time, i hope that the holiday is making up for it :))))) as always, mucho loves and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha living on the edge, this is awesome - well its awesome because you actually made it dude/person, have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe yeah the holiday is makin up for it big time - its so raucous i dont even have time to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and someone just picked up that this article instead of 'y', I used 'z', this is because when i was writing this post i was using my friend's laptop, who's German and has a German keyboard, and typing fast, so replace most z's with y's lol

    ReplyDelete