Friday, February 12, 2010

The New Polo Review, Hit or Miss (2010)…Part 1

Yay, its Friday – I’m off to JHB for the weekend to visit one of my dearest friends, I leave tonight and return on Sunday, really looking forward to the massive catch up session. Some 3, 4 odd weeks ago I was invited to the launch of the new Polo, and so last night I attended the launch, didn’t really know what to expect, had never been to one of these events before so I imagined they’d want people to check the car out and have some form of marketing speeches to try and reel us all in etc. the event was meant to start at 7pm, with the registration at 18h30, I left work at 18:30, so I was running a bit late and some of the roads were closed since it was the day of the opening of Parliament, and also to make matters worst I didn’t exactly know where I was going, somewhere in industrial Parow, some office part etc, I had memorised the map, so figured I’d find it easily, just look out for Modderdam Road, which I’d never heard off, this is the problem with living & working in town, a part of me prefers it that way :P. Ok thankfully I didn’t get lost, and I got there, and had to submit my keys, I was like ‘oh ok’, then got it at 19h05, the speeches were already going on so the nice PoloSky people offered that I can skip the speeches and go on to do the test drive and I was like, ‘now you’re talking’, so here I was thinking, there will be someone coming with me, there is a predefined route to take, NOPE! You test drive by yourself, can drive wherever you want, for almost as long as you please, I got quite excited. Currently I drive the current 1.9 TDI, so I wanted to test drive the equivalent but unfortunately with the whole world consumed with the effects of Global Warming, they have discontinued it, now the top of the range, at least for now will be the 1.6 TDI which they claim has the same power output and matching torque, which I can believe based on the experience I had when I test drove it, but the missing turbo charge kick makes the drive less satisfying. (Continues below)

No comments:

Post a Comment