Monday, February 8, 2010

Restaurant Review: Carne SA by Georgio Nava

Ok so I’ve hellacioulsy busy to blog but in the past 2 weeks I’ve eaten out soooooo much I’m beginning to forget my dinner at Carne, which was last Thursday, so this is why I must write this review now, even though its gonna be rushed, cuz I need to leave work in 7 mins if I am to be at my dinner on time, need to get hair cut and shower before then...Anyway for now, Carne SA, owned by Georgio Nava who also owns the award winning 95 Keerom across the road is a restaurant I love, for me before I even get to the restaurant some of the draws are the fact that much like the seafood at 95 Keerom comes from Georgio’s own boat, most of the meat at Carne comes from Georgio’s farm, this makes me feel like I’m having quelque chose de spécial, because it wasn’t bred for mass production to sell to several steakhouses, but was nurtured with the purpose of producing the finest meat by the chef who will prepare it himself, I don’t know about you but something about that makes me happy. Carne has become one of my favorite restaurants in just two visits, the first time was sometime last year a few months after their opening, then my 2nd one was last week Thurs, I do not know what took me so long to go back…The first thing that strikes you when you enter the establishment is how stylishly styled it is, reason why I used the word ‘styled’ is because it doesn’t quite feel ‘decorated’ so décor just doesn’t seem appropriate, it’s quite masculine, lofty & minimal, with an interesting marriage of warm tones with lots of woods and deep red cushions in the bar upstairs, but also a deliberate coldness accentuated by naked grey plastered walls as well as the P Starck ghost chairs we first saw at The Showroom before they abruptly closed down... (post getting too long...continues above :)

Carne SA, 70 Keerom St, Cape Town CBD, Tel: 021 424 3460

No comments:

Post a Comment